by GraceAnn Simoni
Let’s give ourselves a sweet design treat, with Contributor GraceAnn Simoni. An Interior Redesign and Staging Specialist and Instructor from the Chicagoland area, GraceAnn shares with us budget tips and advice for decorating with your existing furniture and accessories.
Are you aware that you will spend 1/3 of your life on average sleeping? Your environment for sleeping should be of great concern.
We typically decorate and maintain the areas of our home that the ‘public’ sees. Why do we not take the time to create a beautiful space for ourselves?
February is the month for Romance so now is the time to focus on your Master Bedroom.
…all play a part in how the space will make you feel.
A colleague of mine, Joyce Hammig, owner of Blue Heaven Interiors, who specializes in Feng Shui, has offered the following tips to perhaps create a ‘spark’ for Romance and maybe even a better night’s sleep!
1) One of the first things to consider in creating an intimate, romantic feeling in the bedroom is color. Soft, warm tones are best – such as yellows, warm off whites, tans and beiges, soft pinks and peaches. These colors are supportive and nurturing.
2) Who are you inviting into your bedroom? Do you have photos of your parents, family and friends prominently displayed? Find another spot for family and friends to hang out – remember – this is a special nest for you and your beloved!
3) Is the furniture in your bedroom something you bought together or is it inherited from your aunt? Is your mattress the one you slept on with an ex-husband or ex-wife?! For couples the bedroom is the place to have things that represent your relationship, not Aunt Midge and Uncle George’s!
4) Experiment with where to place your bed so that you feel safe and snuggly. Ideally your bed should have a view to the door but not sit directly in front of it. If it must be close to the door or a busy hallway create a more private space by using a screen or plant or piece of furniture between your bed and the doorway.
5) Include photos of you and your beloved, artwork that you love, pairs of things such as candles are accessories that enhance the romance.
6) Computers, electronics, desks loaded with paper are not conducive to intimacy! Your bedroom is the oasis that allows you to be recharged so that you can plug into the hustle and bustle – elsewhere.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
If you need help getting the The Home You Want With the House You Have™ visit www.yoursredesigned.com.
Is your bedroom ready for romance?