Introducing Secondhand Shabby — Diana’s Ebook!
Our Contributors here at HomeWorkshop.com are a talented tribe of design doers, and I am amazed daily at their creations. Excitement abounds today as I announce that our maven of makeovers and wrangler of reuse has published her first Ebook!!
Diana Durkes put her sandpaper, paintbrush, camera and keyboard into overdrive, and Secondhand Shabby, her 90-page downloadable Ebook is here!! Inside, Diana demonstrates how to:
“Give new life to secondhand finds with versatile techniques…Ten easy projects show you how to transform furniture and accessories into original and chic design.”
I’ve been a rah-rah for the project and was privy to a working draft.
I nearly dropped my laptop when I opened the PDF:
- Lovely projects
- Thorough, easy-to-follow instructions
- Professional-quality photographs &
- (Thanks to Diana’s talented graphic-designer daughter, Kate)
Drop-dead gorgeous book design
Here’s a peek at the Table of Contents:
Each project features detailed Tools and Materials lists, and the step-by-step instructions for repainting a thrifted piece of furniture will help you with most any piece you score. There’s much more detail here than a typical blog post.
Step-by-step photos and directions are geared for both beginning and experienced
The Painted Lady store tour is a fab extra, including insider tips on current trends in the modern shabby style. Another extra? Eight pages of high quality, original rose images to print and use for the Tray Chic digital decoupage and many more ways.
And what how-to book wouldn’t be sweetened with a time-tested cupcake recipe? Yummers.
Want to treat yourself to your own copy? Or to surprise your DIY-Diva sister or gal-pal with a spot-on gift?? Buy Secondhand Shabby here using PayPal for only $11.95.
Just click the Buy Now button below. You’ll receive a 90-page PDF that you can also print at home on 8.5 by 11″ paper.
Okay now for a deep dark secret: We bloggers aren’t wallpapering our dining rooms in dollar bills (surprising, I know). Your purchase will help Diana carry on raiding dumpsters and alleys in the greater Chicago area, and remaking her finds into fabulosity at Fine Diving. Buy the book here and part of your purchase helps to support the stories, projects, Challenges and special events at HomeWorkshop.com too! Excellent.
But trust me, it is worth every penny. You’ll treasure your copy of Secondhand Shabby and you’ll adore the projects you create! (Please share with us your Before and After photos — can’t wait to see what you do!!)
Who should join the affiliate program?
- Blogs about DIY decorating for the home
- Cottage and shabby chic blogs, from large to tiny
- Thrift and vintage stores — just put a link on your website, even if all you have on your page is the hours and location of your store.
- How-to and DIY furniture sites
- Home improvement related sites and blogs (HGTV type stuff)
- Hobbies, home-ec, and crafts, especially digital scrapbookers
- Online shabby and cottage boutiques (so that the “makers” who visit your site for inspiration will have something to buy from you)
Need more info? For questions, press and affiliate inquiries, email Diana at firstname.lastname@example.org