Patterned Pumpkins — Challenge # 19
How about we try something different with a pumpkin? I went for some graphic ‘pop’ with patterns, and my nine-year old joined in the fun.
We thumbed through my decorative sourcebooks (especially the Art Deco) for inspiration. Then we sketched a few quick ideas on a notepad. The pumpkin patterns are simply painted in cream-colored, acrylic craft paint. The two small pumpkins that she whipped out are flowing and fun!
A tablescape built around these will look fabulous. Jazzy. Different. And the pumpkins will last longer than the carved variety. (Don’t worry; we’ll still carve some glowing gourds come All Hallows’ Eve.)
So my daughter and I extend this Patterned Pumpkin challenge to you. Here’s what to do:
- Paint a pumpkin (or a family of them) in any pattern(s) and color(s) you choose.
- Get the painting done by Halloween-ish.
- Snap a photo of your Patterned Pumpkin(s).
- An adult age 18+ should do the entering, by Wednesday, November 4.
- Upload your photo and description of your designs here.
Then I’ll randomly choose an Entrant to win a $30 Michael’s Gift Card! Just the ticket this crafty time of year.
And how cool to view your family’s pumpkins in perpetuity online. We can’t wait to see ‘em!